How immigration and migration are changing our communities–and the intercultural competencies that are required to successfully navigate these changes.
Below is a list of all collected resources and readings, as well as links to content available on gcorr.org.
Annual Conference Resources
- Tools for Leaders: Hope and Hospitality
- What do our Social Principles say about the “Rights of Immigrants”? Scroll down to 162.H on this link to learn more.
Study and Worship Resources
- Immigration and the Bible: Available in Korean, Spanish and English
- Welcoming the Stranger: A Youth Study on Migration
- Leaving Home, Finding Home: A MIssion Study for Children
- The Roma
- Immigration Worship Planning
- The Immigrant Apostle’s Creed
- Rethink Church has developed a package to help your community explore immigration issues with a relevant, thought-provoking approach.
- Would your church like to become an Immigrant Welcoming Community? If so, the General Board of Church and Society (GBCS) has created resources to help you on your journey of developing deeper, incarnational relationships among immigrant communities.
- Want to know the Church’s official position on immigration? Do you need related resources? Are you interested in finding ways to get further involved in this important issue? This link will answer those questions and more.
Immigration/Migration Studies and Research
- Changing Patterns in U.S. and Immigration Population
- Global Religious Diversity
- 35 Maps that Exlpain How America is a Nation of Immigrants
- Religion, Secular Morality, and What Compassion Really Means for Our Shared Human Future
- Junot Díaz Relives His ‘Surreal’ Immigration Experience to U.S.
- Learning to Sing the Lord’s Song in a Strange Land: Immigration and a Scriptural Imagination
Stories and Conversations from GCORR
- Answering Prayers in a Multicultural Church
- Obama Hosts Immigration Townhall
- God Bless the Whole World. No Exceptions
- The Binds of Implicit Racism
- Those Who We Cannot Unsee
- Love Our Neighbors
- Border Ministries Helping Migrants
- Marhaba: Exploring a New Ministry
- Diaspora, Identity, and Advocacy
- When Faith Informs Immigration Reform
- Immigration and Migration Twitter Chat Recap: Read a recap from our monthly Twitter chat, courtesy of Storify.